SENDING PRESS RELEASES
The Sauk Valley Sun is all about our community! We welcome you to tell us ...
- Your Organization.
- Your awards, and the awards received by members of your family.
- The interesting, unique or unusual that happens in our area.
- People who are doing good things.
USING THESE GUIDELINES
- Press release deadlines are the 15th of the month preceding month of issue
- Please email or submit information to email@example.com
- Include contact information, such as name, phone and email.
- Provide information in complete sentences and include WHO, WHAT, WHY, WHEN, WHERE and HOW. Newsletters and fliers are NOT considered press releases. To make a press release from a newsletter or flier, simply restate the information as described above.
- Shorter is better than longer. About 150 - 200 words or less is ideal.
- The price of the event for fundraising activities for nonprofit organizations may be printed once. A phone number needs to be provided for people to call for more information.
- Photographs may be emailed as .jpg files with a resolution of at least 300 DPI. Groups are welcome to submit their own photographs of any event along with a caption identifying the people in the photo. If you want The Sauk Valley Sun to write about an event, please contact us directly so it can be determined if we are able to cover the event in the time frame available and with appropriate staff.
If you need to do more, please consider a display advertisement offered at a
nonprofit rate that is 10% less than the rate card.
We are all about our community and how we connect to make life better every day.